10 Reasons Not to Skip New York Comic Con
Forget Fashion Week. I’m psyched! It’s only 16 days until what promises to be among this year’s best four-day pop culture event in Gotham … the 2012 New York Comic Con at Javits Center, Oct. 11-14. This year’s lineup is phenomenal with star-studded panels and screenings, costume contests, show exclusives and an awesome selection of artists, exhibitors and guests on site every single day of the convention. In my modest opinion, NYCC has improved by leaps and bounds since my first experience and I expect only the best for 2012. If you haven’t gone in the past, here’s a few reasons you don’t want to miss out on the fun.
10 REASONS NOT TO SKIP NYCC 2012
10. Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), Adam West (Batman, Family Guy’s Mayor of Quahog), Playboy Playmates, Pete Rock, WWE superstars, Lou “The Incredible Hulk” Ferrigno, Robot Chicken‘s very own Seth Green, Vanessa Williams (Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, 666 Park Avenue) and Terry O’Quinn (Lost, 666 Park Avenue), and Sesame Street‘s Elmo will be there. There’s even a kick-off concert with Ben Folds Five.
9. NYCC Dinner and Charity Art Auction (separate events for a good cause)
8. Sci-Fi Speed Dating … Hey, geeks need love, too.
7. Hot outfits, crazy adventures and the opportunity to score autographs galore!
6. Stars of the films Evil Dead, Carrie on hand to answer all your questions about the remakes.
5. Artist Alley and The Block (so worth the time, people!!)
4. Guillermo del Toro … enough said.
3. Andrew Lincoln and the cast of Walking Dead _ ahhh, the return of zombies!!!
2. A chance to meet living comic book legends like Stan “The Man” Lee.
1. YOU… yes, you, silly. The die-hard, passionate superfans and newbies who make the world (and Marvel universe for that matter) go ’round.
New York Comic Con 2012: http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/